- Expected life: A properly installed metal roof should last as long as the house, sealing out water and surviving high winds. Metal is resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot. Warranties are available.
- Speed & ease of roofing installation: An accomplished contractor can install metal roofs quickly. Because of the material’s light weight, you can save on engineering and building the supporting structure.
- Minimal roof pitch: Most metal roofing materials can be installed on gently pitched roofs without presenting a leaking potential.
- Value: A properly installed asphalt shingles roof will provide your home with a decent level of protection with an average lifespan of 12 to 17 years, all for a modest upfront cost. Warranties are available.
- Variety of style: Asphalt shingles are manufactured in many colors and patterns, allowing you to create an attractive custom look that could greatly enhance the appearance of your home